Re: mime-type bug? : Please Help reproduce

Subject: Re: mime-type bug? : Please Help reproduce
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 10:15:16 MDT

 Thanks to all who replied and tested out these pdfs. I think I found the
problem. According to:

http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/01-02-02#apache1317

 Apache1.3.17 fixed a bug in 1.3.14:

 'Content-Length calculations when doing Range header processing are
incorrect. This causes problems for example when serving byte-ranged PDF
files.'

 So, I upgraded to 1.3.20, and this *should* solve the problem. If I could
impose on anyone using Windoze to please try a couple of these PDFs again
to see if this has solved the problem. The URL is:

http://www.mcgill.ca/courses/pdfs/test/

 One that seemed to be a big problem was 'Ugag21.pdf', so if you could
verify that this PDF loads fine, it would be much appreciated.

 Thanks again for all the help!

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada