Yellow Dog and ADC

Subject: Yellow Dog and ADC
From: Samuel Brown (sjbrown@mail.colgate.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 21:13:08 MDT

I may have already sent this, is so, I apologize.

I'm trying to install yellow dog on a G4 533, the ones with digital
audio right before the new quicksilvers, however, there is a wrinkle,
I'm using an Apple 15inch ADC studio display. Everything installs
fine, but my problem is that even after I put the suggested line at
yaboot prompt: linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14 and then try and setup
up X manually, I still get a crazy blinking power thing on the
monitor even though I know it's booting as everything is spinning and
whirliing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam