Re: Problems installing on 6500/225; kernel modules

Subject: Re: Problems installing on 6500/225; kernel modules
From: Rich Frueh (rvfrueh@excite.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 08:13:09 MDT

>From: Trevor Marshall <trevor@risk2risk.com>
>To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
>Subject: Re: Problems installing on 6500/225; kernel modules

>Rich -
<>Can you ping 127.0.0.1? if so you are on the wrong track. could it >be
>the network cable? Probably not though if you get module errors..

A clarification: the only module error I get is in dmasound. I get no
errors on the ethernet card, it just never activates. The cable's good,
since I use it when I'm in MacOS.

<sigh> This doesn't seem as if it should be so hard. ;-)

Does conf.modules show me all the modules installed in the kernel, or all
that *could* be there?

Thanks,
Rich

http://inbox.excite.com