Re: WU-FTPD Question

Subject: Re: WU-FTPD Question
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 11:02:54 MDT

On 8/17/01 9:38 AM, "Ruprecht, Chris" <cruprech@compucom.com> wrote:

> does anybody know how I switch reverse dns queries off completely? My
> server is not publicy accessible and the local LAN lookups take a few
> seconds at a time but return nothing, since the 192.168 network doesn't
> have any DNS entries.

Chris,

If you have a name server running on that box it's really quite trivial to
make an internal zone file that will map to your 192.168.x network.

Nevertheless - you need to recompile wu-ftpd if you want this option.

There appear to be a couple command line options that will help when you're
./configure'ing the server:

--disable-dns
--disable-dnsretry

If you were using ProFTPD you could just use this directive:

UseReverseDNS Off

--
Darron
darron@froese.org