unable to configure the Gv 56k modem

Subject: unable to configure the Gv 56k modem
From: hernandez eric (hnz.eric@freesurf.fr)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 09:11:58 MDT

hello everyone

my name is eric from paris, france.
I have a Imac 600 MHZ and I am unable to configure my Gv56 K modem.
When I take a look in /var/log/ messages I can see it (/dev/modem/ttyS0 irq
22)
when using the ppp configuration it is not recognized,
when i use kppp, kppp answer that the modem is ready but the AT commands are
returned blank without any answer.
I tried minicom whitch seemed to be able to initialise this dammned modem but
i am not able to send or receive any answer to the ATI commands
I changed the init parameter (AT&F) without any success

did anybody experienced the same problem?

thanks to all of the members of this list