Re: failed to install iptables rpm

Subject: Re: failed to install iptables rpm
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 15:49:06 MDT

There's also a switch you can pass rpm that will 'install' the RPM without
actually writing any files. It will write to the database that it's
installed, but it won't actually DO anything. If you download a 2.4.x
kernel and do it this way, RPM will think 2.4.x is installed but you'll be
using your version of 2.4.x. man rpm for info

Bryn