Re: ProFTPD 1.2.2 (and ftp login problems)

Subject: Re: ProFTPD 1.2.2 (and ftp login problems)
From: mike (mike@mercuryrising.mine.nu)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:07:36 MDT

Darron,

Thanks for the post. I have been tearing my hair out trying to get proftpd
to accept even the simplest login requests. I was using version 1.2.0rc2
from the yup update, and no matter what I tried I kept getting booted out
for an incorrect password. Changing the PAM authorization had no effect
(even though I can login with the same password just fine)...

...after upgrading to the 1.2.2 version and using the very same proftpd
config file, I was able to login on the first try!

Thanks again.
mike