printer automatic load

Subject: printer automatic load
From: Renaud Muller (renaud.muller@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 10:02:32 MDT

Hello to all!
I installed YDL 2.0 and Openoffice 00633b that seems to work fine (next
version coming in the next week or so I was told: 00638b), even in easy
printing setting. What I cannot fix though is installing the printer without
having to go to printtool each time! I have then to do "restart lpd" so that
it is recognized. I read the mailing YDL mailing messages and so someone was
advised to do "insmod printer". So did I. I even precised "/sbin/insmod
printer" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local at the end of the file. This really loads the
module but printer is still not recognized without printtool.
Printer is HP840c and seems to work fine on YDL. What can I do? Is there a
program/command that I can launch automatically without having to do "su" and
printtool? Is there something usb to run first?

Thank you for helping me! I believed to know what was necessary in redhat (I
run mandrake on my usual pc) but in this case, on ppc I feel lost... and my
wife angry (ppc is hers...! lol).

Renaud