Re: PPP kernel 2.4.x?

Subject: Re: PPP kernel 2.4.x?
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 04:37:43 MDT

Aake,

on 23/8/01 10:36 am, Aake Svensson at aakesve@algonet.se wrote:

> * Trying 'pppd' only. at the command line produces garbled lines of
> text until the prompt comes back again.
> *Trying exactly to write scripts as recommended in the pppd man page
> and running "pppd call 'script' " only gets me back to the prompt
> without any delay and/or messages.

It's a long time since I used pppd ... but, maybe it's outputting the ppp
protocol stuff to the console. It would certainly look like garbled text.

I think it's a bit unusual to start pppd from the command line - you'd
usually only start it once a modem connection is established using a utility
such as 'chat'.

  Iain