Re: printer restart command? + reading hfs+ hda in order to import data

Subject: Re: printer restart command? + reading hfs+ hda in order to import data
From: michael (mlibby@uswest.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 06:55:20 MDT

On Thursday 23 August 2001 12:49 pm, Renaud Muller wrote:
> I complete my former message with this question: what is equivalent command
> in a shell for what can be done with "restart lpd" in printtool?

all the startup services are in /etc/rc.d/init.d, so you can typically do

"/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd restart" to restart the lpd daemon.

> Mol: I want as well to go on the macos disk hfs+ and cannot use the
> recommanded commands "hpmount hda9" and hpcd "System Folder". The system
> keeps telling me that I have a system that cannot read hfs+.

Linux does not support HFS+ and I from what I gather there are no plans to
put HFS+ support in any time soon (if ever)-- so you can't just mount these.

But the MOL FAQ does seem to indicate that you should be able to boot from
HFS+, so try modifying the "HFS Volumes" section of /etc/molrc to point a
blkdev to the correct /dev/hdx# for your HFS+ partition.

This won't help you copy files from a Mac partition to Linux, though. For
that you'll need at least a minimal HFS partition to mount from Linux or some
other shared or network drive.