Re: New G4s

Subject: Re: New G4s
From: Kit Plummer (kp@imsystems.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 16:36:43 MDT

I'd be interested in your view of the performance difference between OS X
and YDL with that kind of setup...

If you do install YDL please post your results.

Kit

At 05:28 PM 8/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> Just checked the specs on:
>>
>>http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html
>>
>> and the G4s still max out at 1.5 GB.
>>
>> I suspect that XFree doesn't work well with the new NVIDIA GeForce2
>>cards, but has anyone gotten YDL to run on this hardware yet? I might be
>>in the market for a Dual 800.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>--
>>
>>Christopher Murtagh
>>Webmaster / Sysadmin
>>Web Communications Group
>>McGill University
>>Montreal, Quebec
>>Canada
>
>Want me to try? I have 1.5GB, Dual 800, GeF 3... ;) no spare hard drive
>though, and I wasn't really interested in running this as a Linux
>box. I'm using OS X.
>
>--Brian

Thanks!

Kit Plummer
Systems Integration Plus, Inc. / I.M. Systems, Inc.
17350 N. Hartford Dr. - Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Email: kp@sip.vme.com
WWW: http://sip.vme.com/
Phone: 480-513-8979 x106
Fax: 480-513-3993