Re: New G4s

Subject: Re: New G4s
From: Jim Potter (jrp@wvi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:03:22 MDT

I did some testing several months ago on a dual 500 (Linux vs Darwin) and
linux always came out ahead (less general overhead, more bang for the buck
task-wise, lots less cache thrashing). I haven't tested any of the newer OSX
or Darwin releases, though.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter 45th Parallel Processing jrp@wvi.com