Re: printer restart command? + reading hfs+ hda in order to import data

Subject: Re: printer restart command? + reading hfs+ hda in order to import data
From: Bill Fink (billfink@capu.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:39:05 MDT

On Thu Aug 23 2001, Renaud Muller wrote:

> Mol: I want as well to go on the macos disk hfs+ and cannot use the
> recommanded commands "hpmount hda9" and hpcd "System Folder". The system
> keeps telling me that I have a system that cannot read hfs+. I followed all
> instructions of installation to mount that hda9 in order to take all the
> information to import bookmarks, email adresses on linux-mozilla. If I had
> known, I would have formatted the hda9 in hfs! I did not know the difference
> between both filesystems! Hopefully, one can help?

Hi Renaud,

You can in fact use the hfsplusutils hpmount, hpcd, and hpcopy to
read an HFS+ volume. The most likely reason this isn't working for
you is not having a recent enough kernel. I don't know the minimum
kernel requirement for hfsplusutils, but you might want to try a
recent 2.4 kernel. You might also need to have CONFIG_HFS_FS enabled
in your kernel, but I don't know if this is a requirement for using
hfsplusutils.

                                                -Bill