RE: Installing on Old World G3

Subject: RE: Installing on Old World G3
From: Tae H. Han (taeh@seas.ucla.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 20:12:51 MDT

This is similar to the problem I had. I could partition the drive using
the Mac disk utility, but then when I went into the linux installer, it
would not detect my hds. As it turned out, there is something bad about
the detection of the hd if it is scsi0. So, after checking out the
quantum site to get info on changing the scsi setting, I set the hd to
scsi2 (I think) and then had no problems with the installer.

Good luck

Tae

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, fulghum, matt wrote:

> I'd assume so, else how would she get the drive partitioned in the first
> place... ;)

Tae H Han

Graduate Student
Chemical Engineering Department