mozilla-psm dependency problem

Subject: mozilla-psm dependency problem
From: Ryan Koerber (rkoerber1@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:52:56 MDT

Hi,

There was a small 3-message thread (can be found at the URL below) in the
archives on my problem, and the only solution given was that it was a bad
CD/burn. (not the problem-the iso I burned from the Tucows mirror is the
exact same size in bytes as the iso on yellowdog's ftp server)

http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/yellowdog-general/August01/0164.html

"Unable satisfy dependency for package mozilla-psm
Removing mozilla-psm..."

Then hit OK, and get:

"Error
------
Unresolveable dependency conflict
[Requires Check] wants to erase mozilla-psm
while [User selection] wants to install
Mozilla-psm

Please correct this manually."

Any installation that includes X (GUI) ends up with this dependency error
for the package "mozilla-psm" (*exact* error) and then cancels the rest of
the package installation - goes back to the custom screen (or, alternately,
restarts the machine if easy install rather than custom).

The installation configs that do not include X (Base + two server configs)
complete without error, but leave me with little to work with as a new
person to linux. (I've attempted home/office, dev, and everything install
configs *several* times each - completely wiping the hard drive clean
between attempts - and I *always* get this error)

If anyone has any suggestions (other than use base/server install and
installing the rest myself) as to why the error is occurring and/or a
possible solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Early beige G3 tower @ 300 MHz - 256 MB ram
IDE - 3 hard disks, 1 dvd-rom drive
scsi - Panasonic cd-r
PCI - 10/100 apple OEM card