4400 and YDL 2.0 install

Subject: 4400 and YDL 2.0 install
From: Murias O'Ceallagh (linux@dragonsblood.net)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 12:43:53 MDT

I am having a very similar problem as was stated on this list previously.
 Although, I did not find that a solution to the problem was posted.

I am attempting to install YDL 2.0 on a 4400. the one exception to the
previously stated problem is that I have the stock video..

I choose the ramdisk and all that and then it goes to boot into the
installer. and the moinitor goes berzerk. Looks as if it needs it
horizontal hold fixed and can't read a cotton picken thing. I have tried
a varying array of force video settings and no video driver. No kernel
arguments though, as I do not know which ones might correct my issue. I
have tried both ramdisks, the text and the graphical. same result. the
bootx closes, monitor goes black, and there are about three lines of
text, then nothing but fuzz and lines.

so I reboot and go back into YDL 1.2.1 without a problem. Options there,
force video settings is not checked, and no video driver is checked.

ideas?

THank you
Murias