Re: yaboot similar to lilo?

Subject: Re: yaboot similar to lilo?
From: Renaud Muller (renaud.muller@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 20:27:40 MDT

Hi Chris,

It seems that gramatics of yaboot is a bit different from lilo:
# ybin options
boot = /dev/hda10
macos=/dev/hda
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
default =macos
enablecdboot

#yaboot options
init-message=
timout=50
default=linux
partition=11

# yaboot images
image=/boot/vmlinux
         label=linux
         root=/dev/hda11

image=/boot/vmlinux <====== for emergency?
          label=linux-novideo
          root=/dev/hda11
          novideo

I notice there is no image for macos like image=/boot/macos with root =
/dev/hda9 in "#yaboot images". I suppose that I only have to change something
in #yaboot options and nothing in #yaboot images? What exactly is needed so
that linux is default and macos is still loadable? Can you correct the lines
so it matches what is necessary? Sorry to ask for that but I donot want to
lose everything!