Re: mozilla-psm dependency problem

Subject: Re: mozilla-psm dependency problem
From: Bill Fink (billfink@capu.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 16:17:09 MDT

On Fri Aug 24 2001, Ryan Koerber wrote:

> There was a small 3-message thread (can be found at the URL below) in the
> archives on my problem, and the only solution given was that it was a bad
> CD/burn. (not the problem-the iso I burned from the Tucows mirror is the
> exact same size in bytes as the iso on yellowdog's ftp server)

Hi Ryan,

Don't jump to conclusions. Before you assume that the downloaded
ISO is good, make sure that you verify that with md5sum. I had to
download the image 3 times from YDL before I got a good one. Each
time the number of bytes was correct but only the last one had the
correct md5sum.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. I suspect some kind
of weird problem with the YDL server. I also tried downloading the
ISO from YDL using a different system (an SGI Irix box) and had
similar problems. I was able to transfer several ISO images from
my home Linux system to the SGI box, without ever having any problems,
so it wouldn't appear that the problem is on this end.

                                                -Bill