Re: yellowdog-general Digest 26 Jul 2001 18:44:42 -0000 Issue 468

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 26 Jul 2001 18:44:42 -0000 Issue 468
From: Stuart Jansen (sjansen@byu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 17:43:57 MDT

> > For those that are interested, I've got most of Ximian Gnome compiled
> > and working. That includes Evolution 0.11 but doesn't yet include
> > Nautillus. It was shameful the number of broken src RPMs I ran into, but
> > at least it helped demystify .spec files. I'd love to share the RPMs,
> > but don't have any place to put them.
>
> I can make some ftp space - if you like to upload them.
>
> Robert Brandtjen
> --------------------------------------
> Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
> Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
> www.prometheusmedia.com

I got busy with work and school and, well, a couple of days turned into
nearly a month. I was going to create a page with a description of
each package, but at this point it's probably best to just "ship".

Without further ado, I've got all of the files moved to my desktop. I'm
running a web server out of my dorm room and everything is available from
<http://crystalpalace.rn.byu.edu/rpm>. I doubt the university will appreciate
the traffic if everyone decides to grab all 55lM, so I'd still like to
move them to your server. Do you want to just grab them or do you want me to
upload everything? I could tar.gz if you want.

By way of note: I'm using Mozilla .93 and Galeon .12, but Galeon at least is a
little flaky. Mozilla 0.92 and Galeon 0.11 were rock solid. I finally got
Nautilus compiled and it's working wonderfully. The most recent package I
compiled is Anjunta 0.1.7, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a
nice IDE for Gnome.

I don't recommend the Gimp or Perl rpms as I had to hack and whack to get
them working and the new Gimp didn't solve the problem I was having with
the old one. (Can't remember what now.) But they're there for anyone interested.

--
sjansen@byu.edu