Bad CD?

Subject: Bad CD?
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 09:29:30 MDT

I suspect that I may have a bad YDL Install CD.
It won't install, for one thing.
I tried to burn a copy, but the copy bombed, complaining of a CRC read error. If that is true, then the CD is indeed bad. But the error may be confined to one file. If this is the case, then I could just d/l that file and burn a new CD with it, rather than wait for snail mail back and forth to TSS for yet another defective CD. (I'm on a dialup, so d/l'ing the whole CD image is not an option, and this is the second defective CD already.)

How can I identify the defective file(s)?
I have MacOS9.1, and Redhat on a PC available for this task, but (obviously) not YDL.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
Microsoft: The company that made eMail dangerous.