iptables

Subject: iptables
From: Murias O'Ceallagh (linux@dragonsblood.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 14:15:20 MDT

Hello,

ok, there is a great chance that I could just be overly frustrated and
thus not reading documantation properly. (loosely translated being an
idiot..) I have been fighting with my server now for a spell. And would
really like to just know if something is possible, maybe a little added
help if available.

Here is the situation;
I have two NIC in my machine, kernel reads them just fine.
On one card I have setup 4 (real) static ip addresses.
All are doing things as they should.
On the other card I wanted to place a private IP address and set it up
for IP Masquerading for an internal network.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get this to work as of yet.

To me this sounds like it should be possible, yet I can see where it
might not be. I really do not think that I am the only one that is
wanting/attempting something like this. Most of the docs I have found in
regards to iptables does not cover any special cases if one is ip
aliasing.

Just knowing if this is possible, and maybe a direction to documentation,
would be groovey. ;)

Gracias in advance.
Murias