Re: iptables

Subject: Re: iptables
From: pete (pete@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:55:30 MDT

Murias, here's what springs to mind: first, you're going to have to dedicate
one of those 4 real IP's to being the public side of your NAT network
(actually "dedicate" is probably the wrong word, since you could always use
it for other stuff in addition)

Then you'd just want to set up iptables rules specifying both incoming
interface AND destination/source IP (meaning the IP address you've chosen to
masquerade with)

My favorite resource for iptables docs is Rusty's Remarkably Unreliable
Guides: <http://netfilter.samba.org/unreliable-guides/>

I'm pretty sure it has a section called "but what if all I need to do is
masquerade?" which should be pretty relevant.

Good luck!

- pete -
--------