can't get source to compile

Subject: can't get source to compile
From: Murias O'Ceallagh (linux@dragonsblood.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 20:19:09 MDT

Hello (again)..

Yeah, I know I have been having a heck of a time with my box lately.
Well I have been learning more and more.

One thing I have learned lately is to do the install everything option
and then delete things.

I can't seem to get anything to compile since I upgraded to YDL 2.0. I
unfortunately choose the Internet server option.. for install. ;( it did
nto install anything that I needed to be able to compile source on my
box. -Robert, I think this is part of my problem with Darwin-

Could someone please, let me know what it is I need on my box to be able
to compile source. Right now I am limited to installing rpm packages
only. (this stinks) There are services that I am in need of getting
back onto the box for some of my clients.

I thought I had installed all that I needed but it looks like I have not.
 This is the worst time I have had yet with YDL. Any other time all I
needed to work, did so out of the box. But I am going to fix that. ;)

I have installed make, autoconf, automake, gcc, gcc++, and a few others
that I can't remember right now.

I am running text only (lower overhead). So I know i don't need any of
the X tools.

In the meantime though, has anyone had any problems installing any of the
mdk rpms? Do they work fine on YDL?

thank you, and I apologize for all the q's as of late, trying to fix it
all up.
;|
Murias