Re: Bad CD?

Subject: Re: Bad CD?
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 22:41:19 MDT

Well, I don't know how to make the magic work, even if you did have a
Mac with a CD burner. To be honest, I don't know what the YDL2 installer
expects. With older installers (like YDL 1.2.1) you could copy the
ramdisk of the intaller and the kernel of the installer to MacOS, and
use the BootX bootloader to boot that kernel+ramdisk. Then you would be
able to access the non-magical CD (the one you burned) and use it as
install media.

Might be worth a try, though the best solution, of course, is to get new
install media from YDL.

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/