install YDL2 over linuxppc -- save /home

Subject: install YDL2 over linuxppc -- save /home
From: John Schmidt (jas@retriever.mech.utah.edu )
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 18:24:26 MDT

 Hi,

 I just received my YDL2 today and would like to install it over an existing
 linuxppc installation. I have 2 drives devoted to linux one for / and
 one for /home. I would like to keep my /home without having it destroyed
 during the installation. I was thinking that I could tell the installed
 that I just have one ext2 formatted drive and let it put the /home
 on this drive and then after installation is complete change the /etc/fstab
 so it will mount my /home that is on my other drive. Or is there an
 easier way to do this?

 Thanks,

 John Schmidt
 jas@retriever.mech.utah.edu