Re: Updating Kernel for Newbies

Subject: Re: Updating Kernel for Newbies
From: Andrew Birch (andrew@birchassociates.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 08:03:44 MDT

Hi. Dan sent a link to his files for 2.4.8 recently. I am still running on
dist 2.2 because the 2.4 on the CD doesn't support airport. When I upgrade
my Kernel to 2.4.8, can anyone outline the steps to doing it, preferably
from the command line?
Do I just Œrpm ­Uvhı the xxx.ppc.rpm file, or do I need to rpm all of Danıs
files?
Also there is a vmlinux executable in there. What do I do with that file?

Thanks,

Andrew

"Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can
become great." --Mark Twain