Re: D'L or buy CDs? Which better?

Subject: Re: D'L or buy CDs? Which better?
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 09:18:34 MST

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>Have already downloaded and burned a LinuxPPC CD (not installed yet).

 LinuxPPC or YellowDog's ChampionServer 1.2.1? I would recommend
YellowDog.

>Are there benefits to actually buying the package? What more is there in
>the published set that is missing from the download and may be
>valuable/indispensable?

 Karma and the knowledge that your $$ went to help people developing and
contributing to the linux community? :-)

 Also, you can get support and install help which can save a lot of time
and $$.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada