RE: Giving Vhost users access

Subject: RE: Giving Vhost users access
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 12:02:14 MST

At 1:30 PM -0500 on 12/2/00, Steve McGrane wrote:

>Make sure that /bin/false is in /etc/shells that would fool the FTP server
>into thinking that /bin/false is a real shell. I went as far as to make a
>bash script called /bin/ftponly that tells the user that shell access is
>restricted:

Oooh, that's really slick! It's basically accomplishing what it
should, but it's not displaying the message. I added /bin/ftponly to
my /etc/shells file and set the user's shell in etc/passwd to
/bin/ftponly, after putting the script there and making it executable
of course.

Thanks again for your help.

Gawain