Re: How do I set up an FTP Server?

Subject: Re: How do I set up an FTP Server?
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 12:54:22 MST

Edit the file /etc/inetd.conf
You want to un-comment the line that begins "ftp stream tcp" (it's about line 35
or so) - just remove the "#" from the beginning of the line. Have a look at the
end of the line - that'll tell you which ftp daemon you're going to be using
(probably proftp if you're on CS 1.2).
After doing this, save the file and send INETD a SIGHUP signal (so it re-reads
the configuration file).
At this point you should be able to ftp in as one of your users (you'll land in
that user's home directory).
That'll get you started, then read the mailing list archives (search for
"proftp" and "wuftp" ) for more info on security issues.

On 12/3/00 at 4:19 PM, som@li.is (Som Datye) wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> How do I exactly set up an FTP server on YDL?
>
> Thanks for all the prevous help,
> Som Datye
>
> Ps: thanks to those who replied the "MP3 Encoders ain't working" message. =)

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."