Re: XFree-4.0.1 & kensington adb mouse

Subject: Re: XFree-4.0.1 & kensington adb mouse
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 17:09:52 MST

On Monday 04 December 2000 14:22, you wrote:
> > I'm using a kernel rsynced from Paul Mackerras "stable" tree. Does
> > XFree-4.0.1 require the new usb device layer?
>
> I'm not sure, but on my laptop I have the new usb device layer and my usb
> mouse works fine. Here is my mouse part of my XF 4.0 config file, don't
> know if it is any help though...
>

> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Mouse0"
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> Option "Emulate3Buttons"

I think most of my problems arose from having to use that ancient adm bus. I
finally came up with a usable XF86Config. Here's my working Inputdevice
section:

# **********************************************************************
# Core keyboard's InputDevice section
# **********************************************************************
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Keyboard0"
        Driver "Keyboard"
        Option "Protocol" "Standard"
        Option "AutoRepeat" "500 5"
        Option "XkbKeycodes" "macintosh"
        Option "XkbTypes" "default"
        Option "XkbCompat" "default"
        Option "XkbSymbols" "macintosh/us"
        Option "XkbGeometry" "macintosh"
        Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
EndSection

Many thanks for all the assistance!

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of