Re: netscape upgrade?

Subject: Re: netscape upgrade?
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 17:16:31 MST

I use netscrape all the time for e-mail and browsing (its the only thing
i have that will do https:)
I crash X regularly. It loses track of where the cursor is. (cursor
is pinned in the upper left corner)
In Kde2, it loses the cursor altogether.

Netscape seems to be involved somehow. If I have trouble, its usually
when editing a mail message

The fix: hunt for command keys and control keys to move between
windows, get to the mail message and save it with Alt-S,

Get out of X with the three finger salute: Ctrl/Alt/Delete

Log in again and Restart Netscape.

Kppp, if it was running seems to stay up. (I start kppp from a terminal
window while su as root, preventing messages from X complaining that I
don't have access to the display.)

-pat