YDL & LaTeX, xfig, and xdvi

Subject: YDL & LaTeX, xfig, and xdvi
From: A S Hodel (a.s.hodel@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:20:09 MST

This may not be a YDL-specific question, but this seems a natural place to
pose it:

I just started migrating to YDL 1.2 on a dual-boot Powerbook G3. I need to
have the LaTeX/xfig package for desktop publishing. The necessary
components are installed from the YDL install CD. Unfortunately, the xfig
figures do not appear correctly in xdvi (line angles are all messed up) nor
in xfig itself (unless I view at 200% magnification). The ghostview output
is o.k., so there is a workaround. The software has to date behaved fine on
the other platforms I use, and so I am curious if there's a YDL specific
issue here.

I've installed xfig/transfig both from the rpm packages on the YDL CD's and
by doing a direct compile from the sources. I haven't tried to compile the
LaTeX and/or teTeX packages myself yet, so I'm only using the YDL rpm
distributions here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elec. Comp. Eng.  Auburn Univ, AL 36849-5201
(334) 844-1854 Fax -1809 http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte