Re: 3400 and PCMCIA card

Subject: Re: 3400 and PCMCIA card
From: Stuart Anderson (kbj12@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 15:24:36 MST

Martin,

Just to let you know I got this to work OK with an Ethernet PCMCIA card so
you shouldn't have a big deal with the modem, especially if it's in the list
already (check the config files for pcmcia and there's a long list of
cards).

You should for sure read the Linux PCMCIA HowTo which even mentions
PowerBooks, and you'll need to mess with the files in /etc/pcmcia as well.

What should happen is that when you insert a card you should be able to see
the modules for it load on demand, and it should appear as an item under
cardctl.

I can't remember all the specifics but stick with it. You'll probably get it
to work, I did after I realised I was using a crossover lead by mistake. I
now have my 3400 doing NAT, Firewalling etc. Very cool.

Good luck.

Stuart