Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and atyfb?

Subject: Re: XFree86-4.0.1 rpms and atyfb?
From: Ole Kristoffer Apeland (oleap@student.matnat.uio.no)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 09:02:33 MST

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Neil Jolly wrote:

> On Monday 11 December 2000 08:08, you wrote:
> > I'm downloading the new XF401 rpms from Hollis' directory. I have 3
> > machines to install them on to test. One is a G4 and I figure (heh!)
> > it will go OK. One is a 6500 with dual ATI video (a Rage Pro card,
> > and the on-board Rage II). Should I even attempt on the 6500? At one
> > time, I understood that XF4 and atyfb were just not mixing - has that
> > been remedied?
> >

> > Stefan Jeglinski
>
> I've got XF86-4.0.1 running now on my biege G3 with the ATI Mach 64. I'll
> attach my XF86Config for you.

I have a 6400 with rage orion (128, 16 Mb RAM). XFree installed just fine,
but the accel. is not great. Peviously I had Debian (woody) installed -
with XFree 4.0.1, their version made fully use of the card (I could really
tell the difference)
It's in my belief that it's the drivers that need to be replaced. (I'll
try this soon and keep you all informed)

Ole K. Apeland - IT student