Re: Writing HFS partitions?

Subject: Re: Writing HFS partitions?
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 12:46:16 MST

On 12/12/00 at 1:52 PM, hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu (Hollis R Blanchard) wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Sam Moore wrote:
>
> > Hmm... I was under the impression pdisk couldn't write HFS partitions...
> > did I miss something?
>
> It can; simply use 'C' and make the type Apple_HFS.
Really?? Cool - learn something every day ;-)

> > ::doh:: just reread my post and realized I was unclear - I want to
> > shrink a 1GB Mac partition to 300MB Mac and 700MB Linux. Will try HDT
> > this evening for the Mac portion.
>
> For that you'll need something else, like HDT.
>
> If OTOH you don't mind destructive resizing, you can use pdisk/parted to
> delete the Mac OS partition, and create two new smaller ones in its place.
Yeah, I'll play with this. The only thing on the Mac HD is the System folder and
BootX.

Meanwhile, I just created a bootable CD with System and BootX on it - we'll see
if that works. Then I can take over the whole drive...

> -Hollis

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."