Re: Newbie Problem Booting into YDL ONLY

Subject: Re: Newbie Problem Booting into YDL ONLY
From: Jason S. Moore (jsmoore@brain.uccs.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 03:05:07 MST

As far as I know, the open firmware on mac's can only boot HFS, and UFS
partitions, so you will need to have an HFS partition on which to put
yaboot and yaboot.conf and the kernel, but that partition can be pretty
small, not sure how small, I do recall reading something about this in the
YDL Install guide, so maybe check there.

Also, for telnet, there's a line in /etc/inetd.conf that needs to be
un-commented. the line looks something similar to

#telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd

remove the # and then do a kill -HUP of the inetd process and that will
probably do it.

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:49:28 -0600
root <root@24-240-156-204.hsacorp.net> wrote:

> Dual G4/500. 256MB/RAM. Installed YDL successfully, I have a MacOS
partition
> I'd love to do away with. Is this possible? Do I have to start over to
dust
> the MacOS? I'd like to reclaim the disk space, since I rarely boot into
> anything else anymore. Is there any way to do the same thing on a
G3/300