Automatic start MySQL and Apache

Subject: Automatic start MySQL and Apache
From: Luis Martnez (digit@ctv.es)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 11:27:02 MST

Hi all:

I´m looking for some help.

I have apache(1.3.14) and mysql(3.22.32) working if I started each manually.

Trying to start Apache and mysql at boot time.

Both installed under /usr/local from sources with ./configure, make, and
make install, successfully.

Copied /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server to /etc/rc.d/init.d and
make a link to this file from /etc/rc.d/rc3.d, but mysql don't start at
boot time.
So I have to manually type /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld
Then, everytime I have to type any command like mysql, mysqladmin or
mysqlshow, I have to type the full path /usr/local/bin/mysqladmin and so on.
I tried with /usr/local/bin/mysqladmin --socket=/usr/local/bin but does not
work.

The situation with apache is more or less the same.
I have to manually start apache with /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start.

YDL (kernel 2.2.15) booting with bootX, on a Lombard Powerbook.

Can anybody help me?