QT and dmasound

Subject: QT and dmasound
From: antadam (antadam@lunch-lady.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 16:04:25 MST

First thing: i ran the modprobe dmasound and get back the error
bash: modprobe: command not found. i did alias sound dmasound in the
/etc/conf.modules file and evertime it loads at startup it says it
loaded ok. just wondering what's going on b/c sound doesn't work at
all. it worked when i had cs 1.2 installed though

Second: anyone ever install QT. I set up the .profile file inside my
/home/antadam directory as that's who i have set as installing it.
However, I get an error that says:

The environment variable $QTDIR is not set correctly. It is currently
set to /usr/lib/qt-2.1.0, but it should be set to this directory, which
is /usr/local/qt.

now everything's set correctly, i logged out and back in to picked up
all the env variables, however i always get that error as though
something is overriding it after it runs the .profile file. i tried to
run ldconfig and well once again liek before bash: ldconfig: command not
found.

any suggestions??? or is this just a bum installation???

i'm on a g3 b and w, 450, 256 ram, cs 1.2.1

thanks,
adam