Upgrade to 2.2.18

Subject: Upgrade to 2.2.18
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@micron.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 15:48:57 MST

Hollis (or anyone):

I saw your note on the LinuxPPC list about no reason to use any of
benh's kernels as all his changes were rolled into the 2.2.18 kernel.

I decided to take the plunge and compile my first kernel (I had been
running 2.2.17pre20-ben3). It went famously, but when I boot with the
new kernel, my keyboard map is totally screwed up.I suspect that it may
have to do with adding usb HID support to the kernel, but am likely
wrong :).

/etc/sysconfig/keyboard reads:

KEYTABLE=""mac-us-std"
KEYBOARDTYPE="usb"

Two questions:

Any idea where I might look to fix this?

Do the folks at Terrasoft have an updated .conf file (newer than the one
posted at devel.yellowdoglinux.com/rp_kernel.shtml)that shows
recommended options for compiling new kernels?

Thanks, you guys.

Pat