crash help

Subject: crash help
From: philippe (philippe@ufoh.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 16:27:43 MST

hello

A few weeks ago I followed Robert Vogt III's advice about achieving
stability and switched to the 2.2.17pre20-ben3 kernel, which I downloaded
from his site. I've had three crashes in less than 24 hours; two
of them while trying to compile Mozilla. Surely this is fixable.
Could anyone point me to sites about achieving kernel stability,
avoiding crashes, analyzing core dumps, isolating unstable processes,
etc., and /or give me advice directly? The processes which are
being questioned by the authorities are--compiling a nightly mozilla
build, a screensaver, and CD-ROM access. Two of the crashes required
a manual fsck, which is tedious at best.

peace

philippe

iMac DV SE 1999 ed.
YDL CS 1.2.1