CGI and Cumulus

Subject: CGI and Cumulus
From: Eichenbaum, Larry (Larry.Eichenbaum@Bowne.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 10:17:57 MST

I am experiencing a problem when attempting to run a compiled CGI program
(?). To the best of my experience, my install (v1.3) of Apache seems to be
running fine (both at serving html and CGI) for the most part. I run a UBB
(Ultimate Bulletin Board) without problem. This board runs many CGIs
successfully. I have also made several test files (including POST commands)
based on tutorials on the web. All seems fine.

Using Cumulus5, there is a CGI called cuwp_cgi. Whereas all the other .cgi
or .pl files list as acsii, or PERL commands text, this particular cgi lists
as a ELF 32-bit LSB executable (using file command).

This CGI doesn't want to run nomatter what I try. I have attempted to run it
directly to perl using either various options, and it always reports and
error at line one. I have run the script through strings and it appears by
the first line that a library file is being referenced (/lib/ld-linux.so.2).
This file does not exist on my system. Could this be related? If so, where
do I find this file for a YDL / Apache system?

Sincerely,

Larry Eichenbaum
Prepress Technology Manager
Bowne Business Communications