Re: : Problem w/ XF4.01 keyboard mappings

Subject: Re: : Problem w/ XF4.01 keyboard mappings
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@newhope.terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 16:22:55 MST

on 12/21/00 1:15 PM, Adam at adamhadm@frontiernet.net wrote:

Adam,

I'm not sure why 'a' is not working for you. XFree86 4 uses the new input
layer by default ("macintosh"). It supports the use of old keycodes with
"macintosh_old". You might try upgrading to a kernel with the new input
layer and using pc keycodes. You'll need to change back to "macintosh" and
use x86 keymaps (/usr/lib/kbd/keymaps is where you'll find them).

I haven't setup the new input layer stuff on my iBook yet so I'm not
positive. I'm sure someone can give you more detail. "macintosh_old" is
working for me.

Regards,
Charles