upgrading to YDL 1.2.1???

Subject: upgrading to YDL 1.2.1???
From: Murias O'Ceallagh (murias@rfadmin.rf.net)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 13:03:14 MST

I have a 4400 which is currently running LinuxPPC 1999Q3
with a kernel that I compiled myself 2.2.16. I have been in
deep contemplation lately about putting YDL onto it. But do
have a few concerns.. Currently the achine is being used as
a server and a workstation, but more on the server side of
stuff.

Is there a way to "upgrade" to YDL, without losing important
files, like all my .conf files? And preferably without the
need to tar them up and to move them to a partition that
will not be touched by any of the install scripts.

Any bit of guidance on this would be appreciated.
:)

Murias