Re: Can HTTP is used to upload files like FTP?

Subject: Re: Can HTTP is used to upload files like FTP?
From: Philip Good (phil@redplanetx.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 00:12:25 MST

Not sure what "without the effect of fire" means...

There are a number of ways to upload the files via HTTP protocols:

Upload them via web browser form using the POST method to a server side
application (perl, java servlet,...) which receives the files and puts them
in the appropriate place. Do something similar but from an application
(perl) rather than via web browser. Do something simlar to either of the
previous using HTTP PUT method.

Philip Good