Re: KDE 2.1 and Pismo pmudmon

Subject: Re: KDE 2.1 and Pismo pmudmon
From: Philip Good (phil@redplanetx.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 14:34:26 MST

I do have the pmud daemon running and can use pmudmon with gnome to give me
a battery monitor on the panel as well as a safety shutdown at a certain
percentage battery level. I haven't tried the safety shutdown but don't see
any reason this wouldn't work, I assume it just commands a gracefull
shutdown of the system once the battery level reaches a certain depth of
discharge.

At this point I'll probably stick with gnome, mostly to keep my battery
monitor, and will try to use some of the kde apps which I like, konqueror,
koffice, etc, under gnome, if possible. konqueror seems to work OK under
gnome, is pretty fast and finally gives me my wheely mouse back with my
browser (have never been able to get Netscape 4.7 to support my mouse
wheel).

Phil