Kernel Compiling

Subject: Kernel Compiling
From: antadam (antadam@lunch-lady.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 13:30:53 MST

Don't hit me for asking this, but I have a couple walls hitting me when
compiling 2.2.18. Its seems obvious to me that its different compiling on
ydl than a i386 platform.
i did make config, make dep, make clean, make zImage, make modules, make
modules_install, and now my problem is getting the correct files to link so i
boot up on the correct kernel. i have the vmlinux image from /usr/src/linux
(symbolic link to linux-2.2.18) and the System.map from that same file also,
but i'm noticing a zImage-chrp-2.2.17-0.6.1 and a zImage-prep-2.2.17-0.6.1.
I looked on multiple pages and had no luck with figuring out how to link
these things (nor could i find zImage-chrp or zImage-prep files for 2.2.18
after compiling). Any directions or a kick in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
adam