Re: Expanding the /usr/* space...

Subject: Re: Expanding the /usr/* space...
From: Mike Arnold (ma@snowcamp.org)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 22:17:50 MST

William,

Thanks! I haven't tried the /usr expansion yet, but I did try to mount the
mac partition.

At 08:49 PM 12/25/2000 -0900, you wrote:
>>4)I thought I remembered reading that the mac partition could be mounted
>>in linux ... is this documented anywhere? How is this done?
>
>#>cd /mnt
>#>mkdir mac
>#>mount -t hfs /dev/hda9 /mnt/mac

This mounted, with an error message about 'mounting an unclean filesystem'.
There were just a couple of files there including
'Where_have_all_my_files_gone?' I think this is because my mac filesystem
is HFS Plus or Mac OS Extended. The
file 'Where_have_all_my_files_gone?' says that mac OS 8.1 or higher must
be used to access the disk. So '-t hfs' might be insufficient ... the man
page didn't mention anything that looked like hfsplus or hfs+ ... (and
those didn't work :-). Any ideas?

thanks,
Mike.