Re: Installation Error

Subject: Re: Installation Error
From: cdowns (cdowns@skillsoft.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 13:10:34 MST

Robert Vogt IV wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> > Can anyone give me an idea why I get this error...?
> >
> > Right after the disk partition process, it says:
> >
> > "Scanning packages..."
> >
> > It does this for a minute or so, then it says:
> >
> > "error reading header at 10092544"
> >
> > I've retried a few times and once in awhile the error changes to:
> >
> > "error reading header at 10133504"
> Try rebuilding your RPM database. It appears to be
> corrupted... :)
>
> -Robert Vogt IV

you will not be able to rebuild a rpm database of from the cd.... you
are installing YDL from CD correct ? i know under YDL you need to reboot
before your partitions become active to get to the REAL install. try
that and if you still get this error try to skip that stage if you can.
ive had those types of problems during install but only on laptops for
some reason.

-D