RE: CS 1.2.1 Kernel panic during install/boot on DualG4

Subject: RE: CS 1.2.1 Kernel panic during install/boot on DualG4
From: Douglas Davenport (DDavenport@walchem.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 15:30:22 MST

I had similar problems in my dual G4 with a DVD-RAM drive. I assumed it was
some problem with the DVD drive. I managed to get the install started by
copying yaboot, yaboot.conf, vmlinuz, and the compressed ram disk image (I
can't remember the file name), all to the MacOS system folder. I then edited
the yaboot.conf file to load all from the hard disk instead for the CD. I
then started yaboot via Open Firmware. Once the kernel was up and the
install program running it read from the CD fine. After the install I
reworked the yaboot.conf to load from the second hard drive. If you have any
questions, please feel to contact me for details.

-djd