RE: CS 1.2.1 Kernel panic during install/boot on DualG4

Subject: RE: CS 1.2.1 Kernel panic during install/boot on DualG4
From: Jim Jagielski (jimydog@jaguNET.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 07:54:32 MST

At 5:30 PM -0500 12/28/00, Douglas Davenport wrote:
>I had similar problems in my dual G4 with a DVD-RAM drive. I assumed it was
>some problem with the DVD drive. I managed to get the install started by
>copying yaboot, yaboot.conf, vmlinuz, and the compressed ram disk image (I
>can't remember the file name), all to the MacOS system folder.

Unfortunately, that didn't help matters. I'm still getting
the kernel panic. I'm thinking that the SCSI card might be
a factor. I don't see it officially supported and haven't
been able to see any reference to it on the lists, so I'll
try pulling it out and seeing. Thing is, I was hoping to
put YDL on an extra 9G SCSI drive I had. I can try to find
a Adaptec 2940 to swap.